Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  1. I have been nominated by my university. What should I do next?
    • Congratulations on being nominated! We can’t wait to welcome you here in Pisa soon!
    • Before coming to Pisa, you should do several things to finalize your enrollment.
      • First, you need to sign up on the Alice portal to generate your username and password.
      • Next, accomplish the registration form on the Erasmus Mobility portal.
      • Wait for confirmation from the University of Pisa and you are good to go!
  2. How can I register on the Alice portal?
    • Please click here for the Alice portal registration guide
    • When asked for the Italian fiscal code (or codice fiscale) you can click the “Forward button without the tax code”. A system generated fiscal code will be generated based on the information you have put on the registration so please make sure that all information is correct.
  3. There is an error when I access the Alice portal. What seems to be the problem?
    • After registration, you may not be able to access your account as an error will appear. In this case, you need to reset your password by clicking on the “Password recovery” button.
  4. Should I submit proof of English proficiency?
    • Incoming Erasmus students are not required to submit a proof of English proficiency except for students coming from universities in Spain.
  5. Do I need to apply for a residency permit?
    • Application for residency permit are only for Non-EU students that are residing outside Europe.
  6. Where can I find the courses and timetable?
    • Courses and timetable will be updated here.
    • For the academic calendar click here.
  7. Can I attend classes remotely?
    • Given the easing of COVID restriction in Italy, classes will now be held in-presence and might not be available through online platforms.
  8. How can I apply for an Italian course?
    • For the Italian courses offered by Centro Linguistico dell’Universita di Pisa (CLI), please refer to this link.
  9. May I include the Italian language course provided by CLI in the Learning Agreement?
    • Yes, you may include it but please make sure that you have the copy of the certificate from CLI and attach it to the Learning Agreement so it will be credited.
Back to top