Dear International Student,
welcome to “Dipartimento di Economia e Management“!
Please before arriving, follow these important steps:
- Find out how the department is organized and what courses you should take as well as when to take Italian lessons
- Learn about all the administrative steps necessary in order to start
- While you are still abroad you could register online through the Alice portal, in order to obtain the credentials useful to complete the enrollment procedure at the University of Pisa. How to register on the Alice Portal? CLICK HERE to download the information sheet!
- Fill in and submit the Application form incoming students in which you will be asked to upload the Learning Agreement before the mobility and obtain the validation from the CAI
In order to be as prepared as possible for this new experience, please keep in mind a few logistical aspects:
- Visa and residency permit: Compulsory steps if you are an incoming Non-EU Erasmus student
- Entry and residency rights for EU citizens
- Cost of living: although living in Pisa can be quite inexpensive, please do keep in mind that the cost of living is greater than the regular monthly stipend received by the Erasmus programme
- Health insurance: learn how the health system works in Italy and what steps you need to follow before departure
- Accommodation: find a few links to get you started with your apartment search
- Opening a Bank account: find out if your bank at home has a branch in Italy or any agreements with an Italian bank in Pisa
What to do once you arrive in Pisa?
Sometimes students may feel a bit overwhelmed by the novelty of a new city. This is absolutely normal. Following are a few steps that will help you feel more confident as you head into this new adventure:
- If you have not yet registered through the Alice portal, this is the time to do so
- If you are an incoming Non-EU Erasmus student, apply for the Residency permit. You need the post office receipt attesting the submission of the Residency permit application, before making an appointment (next step)
- Please, fill in and submit the Application form incoming students, if you have not do it yet
- Make an appointment with the International Office to:
- receive your University booklet as well as your student card
- activate your computer access to the University virtual network
- look at the web site of the Centro Linguistico Interdipartimentale (CLI) for the Italian course enrolment and for the pre-test.
- ask for a certificate from your University testifying your Erasmus status
- check the validity of your European Health Insurance Card for medical assistance
- verify your passport or Identity card’s validity
- prepare 2 passport-size photographs to bring to Pisa
- make sure that your home University has informed our International office about your arrival to Pisa
Note: choose a date when you will be in Pisa and remember to write it in your planner
All of these steps, will finally make your “Erasmus student” status official!
For more useful information, please go to the following link where you will learn more about living in Pisa.
Foreign students that intend to spend a period at the Department for writing their thesis, must provide the title of his/her Thesis in order to be assigned with a Tutor during the mobility period.