The Department of Economics and Management of the University of Pisa hosts a series of lunch seminars dedicated to PhD students and early career researchers to improve their research projects and foster collaborations in an informal environment. In order to promote interdisciplinarity we welcome talks on different topics in Economics, Management, Applied Statistics and Mathematics.
Presenters are invited to choose one of the following formats or to propose a different organization of their talk:
Paper Development Workshop (PDW) to provide developmental feedback on research projects that are at a relatively advanced stage of development. The presenter will have to deliver the full paper a week in advance, which will be circulated among the participants. A senior scholar will provide constructive comments to help writing a publishable journal article. The other participants are expected to also offer suggestions for improvement.
Ideas sessions to provide informal feedback to early stage projects which could benefit from insights from peers and senior scholars. Ideas sessions are held in a roundtable discussion format with a short oral presentation allowing for an engaging interaction. Presenters are expected to distribute hands-outs to session’s participants.
Mock presentation to practice a talk by simulating a standard conference presentation, PhD thesis discussion or similar. Presenters will have a critical audience and will be provided feedback on presentation’s style and content.
Lunch Seminars are open to all interested, please check our calendar and join us!
We look forward to seeing you at our event!
- Lunch Seminar 19 Febbraio 2020: “Learning and Selling with Incomplete Preferences: Does Spotify Know Me?”
- Lunch Seminar 30 Gennaio 2020: “Identifying technological sub-trajectories in the mining sector with patent citation networks”
- Lunch Seminar 21 Gennaio 2020: “Disentangling the Direct and Indirect Effects of Firm Generated Contents on Brand Sales in the presence of Multiple Social Media Platforms and Brand Competition”
- Lunch Seminar 28 Novembre 2019: “Life Expectancy and Lifespan Inequality forecasting. A Deep Learning approach”
- Lunch Seminar 22 Ottobre 2019: “Networks of commitment: conformism and principlism in collective action”
- Lunch Seminar 2 Ottobre 2019: “An empirical analysis of health-dependent utility on Share Data”
- Lunch Seminar 13 giugno 2019: “Elicitation of investor sentiment on stock market events via machine learning”
- Lunch Seminar 31 maggio 2019: “Cognition and wealth accumulation. Evidence from India”
- Lunch Seminar 23 maggio 2019: “Cognitive and Network Drivers of Firm Behavior”
- Lunch Seminar 16 maggio 2019: “An evolutionary approach to the dynamics of compliant firms in groundwater pumping”
Contacts and location
Seminars are normally convened in the room “Bruguier Pacini” at the 3rd floor of the Department of Economics and Management – University of Pisa.
Please feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the event, your attendance, or any other matters related to the seminars.