Lecturer BRUNO ELENA/ANTONELLA CAPPIELLO
The course addresses managerial issues in modern banking and insurance. We describe main bank business model and how they evolved, with a major focus on commercial banking. In this respect we illustrate commercial banks’ services and policies in funding and lending activities with Basel III. As far as insurance companies are concerned, we cover three main areas: the insurance process; the policyholder protection; the prudential regulation (Solvency II).
1. Introduction to banking prudential regulation: Basel III
2. Introduction to insurance prudential regulation: Solvency II
3. Liabilities management and funding strategies: deposits, certificates of deposits, bonds, notes.
4. Loan characteristics and credit policy: screening, monitoring and loan portfolio management.
5. The insurance process
6. The policyholder protection