Lecturer Annamaria Tuan
The course will provide insights about different aspects of Social Media Marketing and it shows how Social Media fits into and complements the marketer’s toolbox. With the emergence of these technologies, anyone can contribute, distribute and publish their ideas, attitudes and aspirations. This rapidly changing environment presents new opportunities and challenges for marketers.
The course melds theory with practical application as it covers core skills such as strategic planning for social media applications, incorporating these platforms into the brand’s marketing communications executions, and harnessing social media data to yield customer insights.
The course will provide students with opportunities to:
– understand the evolution of the marketing discipline from Traditional Marketing to Social Media Marketing
– understand strategic and tactical roles of social media in marketing
– identify the linkages between social media channels and processes such as innovation, knowledge management, communication and co-creation
– define social media metrics and key performance indicators
– develop skills in using social media tools in the context of real-world marketing situations